Install HP Printer to Computer
There are several ways to install HP printer to computer. The software installation becomes the essential step in HP printer installation process. Find some of the quick and easy ways for installing HP printer to computer.
- The first step is to connect your Printer to Computer using the USB cable or with the help of wireless network settings
- If you prefer using the USB cable, connect USB cable to the rear side of the Printer and also to the computer
- Wireless set up wizard is used for a wireless connection
Install HP printer to computer using the Wireless set up wizard
- Gather the Network name, Network password (WEP or WPA)
- Make sure that you have a Computer connected to the wireless network, Printer with wireless network settings
- Place the printer close to computer to proceed with the installation process
- Ensure that the printer, computer, and the router is turned on.
- Ensure that all the devices are linked to the same network
- Choose the option set up from the wireless menu located on the control panel of your Printer
- You can disconnect the USB cable when prompted by the Installer
- Scroll towards the Wireless Network set up wizard and follow the onscreen guidelines carefully.
- Your HP printer (123.hp.com/setup) is successfully installed to the Computer
Install HP printer to computer using the wired setup
- Always make sure that you have the standard and the good quality Ethernet cable.
- HP prefers using the cables of its own brand and does not recommend the cables from other manufacturers
- Some users prefer using the standard Telephone cable and it is better if you avoid using such cables
- The first step is to turn on your HP printer and connect the Ethernet Cable to the Port of your Printer
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the port of the Network Router
Install The Printer Drivers Using The Add A Printer Wizard
- Install the built-in Printer Driver using the Wired or the wireless as per your requirements
- Go to the Devices and the Printer option and click on the Add a Printer option. You can add the Printer using the TCP/IP addresses
- Select the Printer from the list and follow the Onscreen Instructions