How HP Printers Made an entry into our Homes
HP Printers have been a part of our homes for a very long time now. Have you ever wondered how it all started or when the printer first came into existence? To answer these questions, let’s go back in time.
- In 1984, HP first introduced their famous inkjet and laser printers to be used along with a desktop computer.
- Then in 1988, their printer models were able to print only in black and white; typically only documents.
- The next year, it came up with an improvement telling its customers that their new range of printers could now additionally do a landscape printing (123.hp.com/setup)
- That had everyone excited until 1991 when the next model of HP Printers was released.
- These had the capability of printing in color.
- Though one had to keep interchanging the cartridges, which were either black or a tri-color one, at least there was an option to now be able to print images in color.
- People found it a little annoying to keep changing their cartridges every time before taking a print.
- The new line of printers that were released in 1992 came with the facility to install both cartridges simultaneously.
- All of the above said was not affordable by all.
- It was too expensive and saw patronage from very few people.
- To up their game, HP then brought out low-priced home printing systems in the year 1997.
- Ever since then we all have been seeing an HP Printers in our homes.
- It has become an essential commodity in our daily life, be it printing projects for your kids or important office documents on the go. All of this is possible with a printer at home.
- In the 2000s home printer and business printers saw a huge revamp in its design and its technical features.
- They were more compact compared to their previous versions giving excellent printing results at unbelievably low prices.
- The cartridges that came along with your printer seemed to be lasting forever and the necessary to replace the cartridge was overcome by a simple process called “refill”.
- Apart from being just printing machines, the new-gen printers were multifunctional.
- They were able to perform a wide range of activities like printing, copying, scanning and faxing.
- As the years passed by, HP released various models with varied functionalities, and of course at a budget suiting everyone’s wallet.
- The different series available with HP include DeskJet, OfficeJet, OfficeJet Pro, LaserJet, LaserJet Pro and Envy.
Read through our articles to know about the various HP Printers models available under each series for you to choose from. For any help call our toll-free number at +1-855-561-6290 or visit us at 123hpconnected.comtech365.com