HP Printer Troubleshooting Carriage Jam
Use the following HP Printer troubleshooting carriage jam steps if you have an issue with the printer jamming the paper too often. You will get a carrier jam error message on your HP printer control panel. A carriage is the place that holds the printer cartridge will get stalled to the left side of the printer. This could have been the result of paper jam previously.
Solution 1: Switch off and switch on the printer:
- Switch off the printer by pressing the power button; in case your printer does not get turned on go to the next step.
- Wait a minute.
- Now switch on the printer.
Note: you should wait until the HP printer warms up and the carriage moves. It might take roughly two minutes.
After you perform the turn-off and turn on try printing a self-test report to do that, follow the below steps.
- On to the input tray of the HP printer load plain white papers.
- Switch on the printer by gently pressing the printer power button.
- Keep pressing the right arrow from the setup to choose the print report displays on the printer control panel.
- Press OK to print the self-test report.
- If the above steps resolve the issue, your test-report will be printed then your HP printer troubleshooting carriage jam error has been solved.
- If you still have the issues and the test-report is not printed, then look below for another solution.
Solution 2: Clear any paper jammed:
If there is a paper jam then it can cause the carriage to stop and not function. Follow the below steps to solve the issue (123.hp.com/setup).
- Remove the rear access doors of the HP printer from the back side of the printer.
- Carefully remove the paper that is jammed slowly out of the rollers.
- Place the rear access door of the printer back to the printer carefully until you hear a snap sound.
- To verify if the hardware is functioning properly try printing a self-test report.
- Insert plain papers on to your HP printer on to the paper tray.
- Press the cancel button and then touch on the Start Copy Color button.
- If the carriage jam issue still persists and the test-print page is not printed, then try to use another solution.
For another solutions contact our customer care toll-free number at +1-855-561-6290 to know other possible reasons for the carrier jam error. Visit 123hpconnected.comtech365.com to know more solutions for HP Printer troubleshooting carriage jam.