HP Printer C3180 Troubleshooting USB scanner connection error
This blog will help you with HP Printer C3180 troubleshooting the USB scanner connection error.
When you try scanning the computer or the scanner will not be detected and will display one of the following error messages.
- An error occurred when trying to communicating with the scanner
- Scanning was not successful
- Cannot reach the scanner or printer.
- The scan could not be initiated.
Step 1: Restart your computer and printer:
- Switch off the printer.
- Connect the printer power chord directly to the power outlet and not through the power strip or a surge protector.
- If there are any programs running on your computer close all the programs and switch off the computer.
- Turn on the printer and your computer.
- Try scanning a test document.
- If the error still persists follow the steps below.
Step 2: check for the USB connection:
- Remove the USB connection and try to connect it directly to any other USB port on the computer.
- Try using a different USB cord if the problem still persists.
- If you have connected the USB through any other means like the USB hub or a Docking station, then remove it and connect it directly to the computer’s USB port.
- Try changing the USB cable that is less than 3 meters in length.
- If you have connected any other USB devices to your computer other than printer remove all the connection. Remove any unused USB connection.
- These steps may help you with HP Printer C3180 troubleshooting the USB scanner connection error.
Step 3: Run the print and scan doctor:
- To diagnose any issues with the printer, HP has given a free tool named as HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve any issue.
- You can download the HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve any issue and perform any kind of issue with the printer and the scanner.to do that follow the below steps.
- After downloading the HP Print and Scan and Doctor double click to open the tool.
- Press the start button.
- Choose your printer and then click next.
- Choose Fix Scanning to perform finding and fixing problems.
- From the HP print and Scan Doctor result screen you will see a list of possible actions in the result.
- You will receive list of instructions on the screen, keep following them and then after completing it try scanning again.
- Try all the HP Printer C3180 troubleshooting steps given to resolve your issues.
If the problem still persists after performing all the above steps for HP Printer C3180 troubleshooting then visit 123hpconnected.comtech365.com or contact our customer care number at +1-855-561-6290, our customer care executives will guide you through the steps to resolve the issue.